—known in the blogosphere as Joan Jetsetter—
is an award-winning travel writer and producer on a mission to inspire millennials to get out of their comfort zones, appreciate different cultures and travel to new and exciting places around the globe.
Skye Mayring (known by her her nom de nomade Joan Jetsetter) is an award- winning travel blogger and producer on a mission to inspire millennials and the young at heart to get out of their comfort zones, appreciate different cultures and travel to new and exciting places around the globe.
Skye grew up ingrained in the travel industry—with a hotelier for a father and a flight attendant for a mother. She got her start in travel as an editor for TravelAge West magazine—a leading trade publication. For years, she served as the director of social media for Millennials in Travel, a career-development organization for young people in the travel industry, and as an advisory board member of ASTA's Young Professionals Society. She is currently the co-founder of superswell VR, a production company specializing in immersive 360-degree travel experiences.
With an extensive background in journalism and a keen understanding of social media for business, Skye is able to craft viral videos, integrated social campaigns and media-rich blog posts that entertain and effortlessly inform. Through her highly engaged social following of 70K+ fans, she encourages her audience to get curious, take risks and go places they’ve never been before. Her strategic partnerships include BuzzFeed, Verizon, The Culture Trip, Singapore Airlines, Tastemade, Wells Fargo, GoPro, Crystal Cruises, TripIt, Costco Travel and Samsung, among others.
Skye has won numerous awards for her work in journalism and social media for stories and campaigns about under-the-radar adventures, cultural immersion, travel trends, world festivals and travel technology.
A few of her accolades include:
- Silver Lowell Thomas Award – Travel Journalist of the Year
- Gold Award for Best Use of Social Media from Azbee Awards/American Society of Business Press Editors (ASBPE)
- Six Gold Awards from the Society of American Travel Writers (SATW) and the North American Travel Journalists Association
- More than a dozen other awards from Lowell Thomas, SATW and NATJA
- Named Travel’s Top Social Capital Seeker by Amadeus
- Called “The Next Anthony Bourdain” by The Huffington Post
- JoanJetsetter.com named one of TripIt’s Must-Read Travel Blogs
Skye is also a keynote speaker, moderator, panelist and spokesperson for various organizations, events and brands.
Past opportunities include:
- South By Southwest (SXSW) Interactive
- Silicon Valley Virtual Reality Conference
- Samsung Developer Conference
- Tahiti Business Forum
- Global Travel Marketplace (GTM)
Skye is a member of Women in VR, Millennials in Travel, the North American Travel Journalists Association, the Society of American Travel Writers and Travel Massive.